Rec: Meatloaf Sandwich For One
1 slice meatloaf, cut 3/4-inch thick (your favorite recipe)
2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
2 slices sourdough bread or 2 slices white bread
1 teaspoon grainy mustard, to taste
1 teaspoon ketchup, to taste
1 slice monterey jack cheese
- Spread 1 slice of bread with mustard.
- Spread the other slice of bread with ketchup.
- Brown meat loaf slice on both sides in 1 teaspoon of olive oil in skillet or on griddle until heated through.
- Put browned meatloaf slice on the mustard-smeared bread.
- Put a slice of cheese on top of the meat loaf.
- Cover with the ketchup-smeared bread.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil in skillet or on griddle.
- Grill the sandwich over medium heat on both sides, until golden.